Published on July 15th, 2011 | by admin
The Top 5 UK Water Parks
If you aren’t close to the beach or are looking for something a bit different to do this Summer then look no further! Here we have what we think are the top 5 water parks in the UK that have something for all the family.
5. In fifth place is Wet ‘N’ Wild http://www.wetnwild.co.uk/ in Tyne and Wear. This is the UK’s largest water park, open 7 days a week and only £6.25 for a child to go in all day! This park has a Double twister flume, 4 flumes, Wave canyon, The Black Hole, Outdoor lagoon, Kamikaze and The Abyss tyre ride amongst the attractions so you will be busy for hours!
4. Fourth is Waterworld http://www.waterworld.co.uk/ in Stoke on Trent. This water park features a 4 lane family multi slide, Twister, an assault course, the Black Hole, The Python, Rapids, an outdoor pool, the Space Bowl and much more! With so much to offer it is no wonder this indoor water park attracts over 400,000 visitors a year!
3. Splashdown water park http://www.splashdownpoole.co.uk/ is based in Poole and is third on our top 5 water parks in the UK. There’s something for everyone here with the ‘Screamer’ or ‘Black Hole’ for the thrill seekers or the ‘Red River Roller’ for those who like things a little slower. The younger kids can go on the starter flumes, in Buccaneer Bay or in the shallow splash pool depending on how brave they’re feeling. Splashdown water park is open all year as half the park is indoor and half outdoor.
2. Second place goes to Sandcastle http://www.sandcastle-waterpark.co.uk/graphic/home/ in Blackpool. This water park is one of Blackpool’s biggest tourist attractions and features over 18 slides and attractions including wave machines, the lazy river, Duelling Dragons, Monkey Island and the Master Blaster. This water park is open nearly all year round so offers months of soaking wet fun!
1. Alton Towers Water Park http://www.altontowers.com/waterpark/ is our number 1 water park in the UK. Here there are hundreds of interactive water features from lazy rivers to bubbly pools to tree houses to water roller coasters! There are loads of snack bars and restaurants to keep your busy family full and if you want to make a weekend of it there’s a hotel onsite that have themes such as the Splash Landings Hotel that makes you feel like you’re in the Caribbean and overlooks the water park! We voted this water park number one in the UK!